Cyprus is a small island, However it nonetheless has every thing a bike owner can dream of: mountain routes (the Troodos), nice seashores, seaside bike rides, good meals, sunny days and heat hospitality- with most individuals talking in English, and a whole lot of good resorts and lodges to remain.
As we had solely 2 days, the selection to go Cyprus biking was fairly pure.
Making ready our bicycles
As there was no place alongside our deliberate Cyprus biking path to hire bicycles, we had no selection however to take our personal bicycles with us.
We packed our Santa Cruz – Superlight bicycles in a field, and as we deliberate to hire a automobile we took a automobile bicycle rack with us.
Packing bicycles, in addition to transport them by air is one thing we all the time attempt to keep away from. Although appearing like busy and spoiled adults, as we left the duty of packing to Chen Lazami, our very long time loyal mechanic from the bike store, we nonetheless hated the sport of “are we going to get our bicycles on the airport in a single piece?” This appeared extra necessary at that time- far more than Cyprus biking itself Bike Hire Surfers Paradise.
A lot to our reduction – our bicycles did survive each journeys, and the one minor shock that we had, was with the air transport again house from Cyprus, by Cyprus Air. We had been requested to pay 30 kilos (round 40 US$) for air transport. I might advise you to verify prematurely along with your journey agent if that is obligatory.
We arrived at Larnaca airport round 9PM and rented a household automobile (no pre reservations had been required, and it was quite simple). We unpacked our bikes and loaded them on bicycle automobile rack.
40 minutes of driving, half of it on small village roads- and we arrived to the middle of a quiet, stunning village, Lythrodontas.
We made a cellphone name to our host, and he got here to the village middle to information us to his fantastic B&B. At midnight we discovered ourselves in 2 separate stunning previous type rooms, prepared for the following Cyprus biking days.
What did we take with us?
The climate throughout that point of the 12 months was nonetheless fairly heat, so we didn’t must take heavy clothes with us. We simply had our summer time using garments.
As we had a rental automobile with us and our rides had been (nearly) round each days, we didn’t have to hold alongside too many things- solely the mandatory minimal equipment that we normally carry for a daily biking journey again at house:
- One pair of biking footwear (with cleats)
- 2 units of biking garments, together with biking shirts, shorts & socks
- Bike using gloves
- Energy gel – About three for every using day (We assumed that discovering meals was not going to be an issue on this journey – see Cyprus photographs under)
- First help package, together with solar safety cream and ache reduction cream (Bengay)
- Biking maps – one of the best fitted for our journey was a 1:75000 biking map
- Biking sun shades, bicycle speedometers and bicycle rear storage rack
- On some biking blogs, they are saying that GPS is just not actually required. Nonetheless we determined to take with us our GARMIN eTrex GPS, simply in case…
- Digicam: We had a digicam for nonetheless photos. About video, my expertise with helmet video cameras is just not that nice: I’ve determined to make use of my good previous Sony DV digicam as an alternative.
- Private paperwork, some cash and books (Similar to ALL of our biking journeys, on this one too we by no means even opened a single guide, however we are going to proceed taking books with us in our future journeys..)